Empowering Women to Vote! ™
Every election cycle we reach out to women who have not voted in the previous election. We began with Harris County in 2016. In 2016 we sent three mailers to 85,000 women and 37,000 voted. In 2018 we reached out to women in Harris County, Ft. Bend, Galveston, Brazoria, Montgomery, Waller, Washington, Fayette & Burleson. Our purpose was to touch women in rural and suburban counties surrounding a large urban county. Our results in 2018 were unbelievable for a non-presidential election cycle!!
- In 2018, 43,923 or 36% of our low propensity women targets voted from the 122,257 targeted universe.
- Women between 18 to 49 years old accounted for 72% of our turnout.
72% of them had never voted in a General Election, and 97% had not voted in a Primary Election.
- The overall African-American turnout in Harris County was well under 20% while Sisters United Alliance African-American turnout was 27%. Caucasian was 17% and Hispanic was 15%.
- A significant 34% of the turnout are women of unknown race/ethnicity on the voter rolls.
- Entire universe was targeted with digital ads and received 707,599 impressions. 60,859 voters with landlines and cellphones received live calls (Harris and Ft. Bend).
Our goal for 2020 – to expand into several urban counties with surrounding suburban counties and to target numerous rural counties in a special rural outreach. Every $1 donated sends three mailers to one liberal leaning woman who has not been voting.
Be a part of Sisters United Alliance by donating & spreading the word!
When women vote they control their destiny! Women who vote have the power!!